Monday, July 20, 2009

Birth of Finley Claire

Sweet baby Finley. Born Friday, May 8th at 1:01 pm at Seton Southwest hospital. She was 19.5 inches long and had a head full of long, black hair. The old wive's tale about heartburn was true! Here is mommy holding her precioius girl for the first time - just minutes old!
Charlotte climbing into Mommy's hospital bed. She was a little freaked out by the fact that Mommy was way up high in a 'big girl bed' and not able to come out. Gigi explained to her that Mommy had a very big boo-boo and she still asks me, "Mommy - you all better?" Here Gigi is tickling C's feet and playing piggies.

Meeting Fin for the first time in the operating room. It was a wonderful, peaceful birth - just as we had been hoping and praying for all these months! They even played music for us - it really felt like a fun BIRTH day party. We were so happy to meet Fin. I even said that I would have 10 babies if the births could be like this - such a cakewalk! Nothing at all like C's traumatic birth. We were so surprised b/c she didn't look like Charlotte at all - TONS of black hair! Mommy is so excited that she'll get to use her stash of hair bows.


Hugs with my doula, Shelley, before heading down to the operating room. I was supposed to have the baby at 7:30 am, but Dr. Schneider had a scheduling conflict at the last minute. So, we waited and waited and finally at 12:30 pm we got to start things. During the down time, Shelley rubbed my feet with lavendar oil; we listened to Norah Jones and we both took naps. When we woke up, it was time for one more round of antibiotics and then baby time!



Mommy and Daddy on the way to the hospital - 4:30 am! We were excited to meet our little girl.



Hi Sweet Family and Friends,

I realize that it has been soooo long since my last blog - 2 months to be exact! I don't think its a coincidence that Finley is 2 months old now. The past 10 weeks have been magical in the Milam household. It has been a peaceful and relaxing adjustment to a family of four. I have often thought of snapping photos and blogging, but the moments seem to come and go so quickly that I find myself just living in the moment - enjoying the little interactions and sweet memories. I have spent the majority of the past 2 months simply looking into the eyes of my sweet girls. I am overwhelmed by these precious blessings. Hope you will enjoy the photos of some of our recent adventures.






1 comment:

melissa said...

I am so excited that you posted about Finley and wrote from your heart...I am so touched by your words and they are so comforting to me as I am about to embark on a similar adventure welcoming our 2nd baby girl. Thank you for sharing...
We love you ALL!