Monday, July 20, 2009

Finley Claire

Before Finley was born, I couldn't imagine what she would be like, what she would look like, how she would smile and interact with our family. I only knew Charlotte and she was my baby. She was what was familiar. Charlotte and I are so close, that I didn't really know how this new little person would effect our relationship and our family. It has been such an adventure and such a neat experience to witness the world through little fin's eyes. She is so different from Charlotte. She is truly her own person. But at the core, they share such similarities. It reminds me of that poem by e.e. cummings. The seed of the seed and the root of the root. These two sweet girls will have each other forever and I am so grateful for that.

Finley is a calm and peaceful child. She smiles ALL the time and just this past weekend started to laugh. She is sweet. She loves to be massaged with apricot oil and hugged and held, which is a good thing b/c I never want to put her down. Her favorite person to look at is Charlotte.


Sleepy baby after yoga class with Mommy. I cherish this time together. Not so much a workout, but really great bonding/alone time with Fin. She seems to always be so relaxed at the end of class that she falls asleep.
2 month check-up with Dr. Treybig. Finley is already 9 lbs. 7 oz! She loves to eat and she is growing so fast.

Happy girl.


Always smiling.



Cuddling with Mom after yucky shots at the pedi.





2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow! I can't believe Finley is 2 months old already! There is a shot of Finley is this set that totally looks like Andrew... but of course, such a beautiful Andrew! =)))We miss you!

Bonnie Milam said...

Carissa and Andrew--That Finley is the sweetest little baby. I have her laughing picture (from Dallas) on the refrigerator. Give her a big hug and kiss from Grandma. Love Charlotte's hair, too.