Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

1st Day of School at Westlake United Methodist Church

Today was an emotional day. It was the first day of school. I use the word 'school' in the very loose sense of the word - it is a total of 7 hours a week. But still it marked the end of summer. Mommy was really sad b/c I have had the amazing opportunity to hang out the whole summer with these two amazing little people. I am so honored and blessed to be their Mommy. Now we're back to regular schedules and classes, etc. It is an exciting time, but we will miss our lazy summer days and all of our travels!

This picture shows Charlotte with socks on her hands. This is one of her favorite things to do. They are her 'mittens.' It started in the winter time when we would wear real mittens (maybe for a week?!?) and now she does it all the time when she is playing in her kitchen.

Well, this morning she made "Tomato & Lettuce" soup for me. She brought the soup downstairs to share with me at the dining table. I had walked down the stairs just before her. Anyway, as she walked down, the pink bowl of 'soup' launched out of her hands. Charlotte bent down to pink it up and slipped on the carpeted floor with her carefully mitted-hands. She log-rolled all the way down the stairs. Her poor face was so red and so surprised. This was our very first tumble all the way down the stairs. I knew it would happen one day; I just wasn't ready for it to happen today. Anyway, luckily I was right there and caught her on the second-to-last stair. Thankfully she didn't hit the hard tile floor.

It was quite a day. Luckily C loves her new school with her new teachers, Ms. Jane and Ms. Cathryn. Mommy was a real mess. My little girl is growing up....

2 comments:

SevenStar said...

Hi Andrew,
I am really lucky to find your blog. This is Shusuke Umemoto, your friend from approx.20(!) years ago. I enjoyed your blog and warm pictures of your family(cute children!). Also, it was nice to see pictures of your dad and mom. Just wanted to say "konnichiwa!".
Cheers, Shu.

Bonnie Milam said...

Carissa,

I love reading your blog and seeing your news. It always makes me cry! I guess I just miss those two wonderful girls too much. I'm amazed that Shusuke is on here with me. I'm going to try to facebook him. Love you so much.